BALANCED DIET IMPORTANCE
“We can’t control what goes on outside, but you CAN control what goes on inside.” Eat a Balanced Diet.
We need to eat a balanced diet to live a quality life. Our lifestyle plays a crucial role in keeping us healthy because Inadequate sleep, poor nutritious food, inactivity, drinking less water lead to an unhealthy lifestyle.
A balanced diet enables us to get all the required nutrients without exceeding the recommended calories intake per day. It helps in body growth and proper functioning of the body organs.
A balanced diet protects us against infections, fatigue, diseases like cancer, diabetes, heart attacks, obesity. So what is a healthy plate? Which food should we eat? So a diet consists of several food groups that provide all the required nutrients in adequate amounts is a healthy plate. Because the healthy diet we eat plays a crucial role in physical and mental health.
A balanced diet includes
- Fruits and vegetables provide vitamins, minerals, and fiber.
Vitamins and minerals keep our metabolism and organs running effectively.
- Protein is needed for the growth and repair of the body.
Protein-rich foods are meat, poultry, eggs, seafood, pulses, pasta, potatoes, soy products, and nuts.
- Carbohydrates OR energy-giving nutrients keep the brain. Muscles and other organs are energetic.
Rice, whole wheat, Pulses, Cereals, nuts,
- Dairy products that are rich in Calcium, vitamin D
Milk, Yogurt, Cheese
- Fiber helps in lowering cholesterol and glucose levels, makes bowel movement smooth.
Cereals, fruits, and vegetables
- Vitamins and minerals are for bones’ excellent health, heal wounds, and boost the immune system.
Citrus fruits, green leafy vegetables
- Good Fats are called unsaturated fats, which are necessary for energy and cell health.
Different Vegetable oils, seeds, nuts
But avoid saturated fats, which increase the amount of cholesterol in the blood and increase the risk of heart diseases.
It helps in the digestion of the food and gets rid of the waste.