IMPORTANCE OF MENTAL HEALTH
Mental health keeps our minds healthy. A person should keep both his body and mind fit and healthy.
Mental fitness is the pillar of physical fitness. So it is imperative from childhood to aging.
It impacts how you feel, think, behaves each day at each stage of life.
Because an unhealthy mind, even in a healthy body, will ultimately destroy health.
Both mental wellness and physical wellness depend on each other and are equally crucial for the quality of life.
A person who is physically fit and mentally strong can easily cope up with any situation of distress and difficulty.
If we are mentally not well, we will not be able to eat properly, sleep properly, and stay physically fit, which leads to abnormal thinking, depression, aggression, negative thinking, anxiety, frustration, losing temper, and Suicidal behavior, etc.
Poor mental wellness plays a significant role in decreasing immune functioning.
People with mental health issues are at a higher risk of chronic diseases like Cancer, Heart diseases, Stroke, Diabetes, and Arthritis.
People with unhealthy minds can’t socialize in society.
Mental ill-health leads to social problems like family disputes, unemployment, drug addiction, etc.
How to maintain mental wellness
- Sleep well, at least for 8 hours.
- Have healthy food and do exercise regularly.
- Every day try to meditate and do yoga.
- Do not lose confidence in any situation and be positive all the time.
- Do not addict to Gadgets. Keep them away from you.
- Have some free time for yourself and involve in any hobby like painting, music, sports.
- Spend quality time with family and friends.